Review: As I Lay Dying - Paralyzed

 Flicking through my Facebook News Feed finding nothing of real interest then... BAM! Metalcore titans As I Lay Dying have posted a lyric video for new song Paralyzed from forthcoming release Decas set for release on 8th November 2011.
 Packing an intense punch from the opening riffs, Paralyzed sees AILD doing what they do best. Thrashing out some brutal face-melting metalcore, that carries a real gripping sense of power, emotion and beauty. The music is the perfect way to accompany the wise and faith questioning lyrics of Tim Lambesis. ("The answers that I've found/ Are all the same/ They uncover questions that/ still remain) Lyrically, a real sense of personal loss and tragedy is covered, therefore the passionate and intensely powerful music manages to covey the emotions attached flawlessly.
 Paralyzed is a great place to see As I Lay Dying playing in a style they are loved for, and it certainly displays them doing it at top form.